Wednesday, March 11, 2020

leavin' on a jet plane, don't know when we'll be back again...


Leaving on a Jet plane, we don’t know when we’ll be back again.
Truer words were never sung. Today we leave for India (Mike, Milla & I) to meet our little ray of light!
We are so extremely excited. It really doesn’t even feel real to be honest.
But while the past couple weeks since we found out when we would be traveling have been filled with so much joy and excitement it has also been met with so many unknowns.
Will we get to bring our little girl home this trip?
-I don’t know.
Will we get stuck or quarantined in India for a long period of time due to the corona virus?
-I don’t know.
Will the judge rule in or favor or will we have to keep going ba
ck for more and more court hearings?
-I don’t know.
Will we find any hand sanitizer to bring on the trip.
-nope. (hahahaha, luckily we had some left over around the house to bring!).
SOOOOO many unknowns. I found myself being overcome with fears, which is not normal for me. Probably trying to control, somehow, this increasingly stressful time. Isaiah 41 got me through these last couple of weeks. I will be continue to mediate on it’s every word as we go.
So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
11 “All who rage against you
    will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
those who oppose you
    will be as nothing and perish.
12 Though you search for your enemies,
    you will not find them.
Those who wage war against you
    will be as nothing at all.
13 For I am the Lord your God
    who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
    I will help you. {Isaiah 41:10-13}

I was reminded of David before he fought Goliath. He did not know the outcome, King Saul did not know the outcome, the Israelites did not know the outcome. How scary to be a young boy standing up to a giant. But he was just being obedient. Just being faithful to the call he heard from the Lord. And he saw the Lords mighty hand defend him and work miraculously. Milla, Mike and I talked about that around the table the other day and it brought so much peace. Knowing that He has called us right now to go get our daughter. In the midst of unknowns and sickness and disease. When flights are getting canceled and PPE (personal protective equipment) is hard to come by. When it doesn’t make sense to pull our daughter out of school for an unknown amount of time. When there are literally question marks and puzzles popping up every day that seem to be huge and overwhelming… He has called us at such a time as this.
And so, we go.
We are excited to see what this will mean. There will be beauty in whatever circumstances we land in because it will be right where God wants us to be. We are praying we see giants fall and mountains moved. We are praying so much that we get to bring our sweet girl home. Please pray with us. For favor, for health, for bonding, for joy, for peace, for more of Jesus as we fly across the globe. Love did so much to call us His own, we are thankful for the little we get to do to share that Love with others.
We are so thankful for each of you. Our community as been such a huge support to us these past two years. Thank you from the depth of our hearts.

2 comments:

  1. Rose your love and commitment to God is such and inspiration to so many! May God grant this beautiful blessing and stress free trip to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete