Saturday, January 11, 2020

Our Ray of Light {it's a girl}


We have exciting news!
After a long wait we now know we are just steps away from bringing home a sweet two year old little girl from India! This adoption has been full of up’s and down’s and uncertainties,  but we are so thankful to be walking down this path and through this open door.

Her Indian name means “ray of light” which is exactly what news about this little darling has been to us these past few months. She has big brown eyes and the most kissable little lips, her ears are already pierced and she is wearing anklets and bangles in her videos and pictures. From what we have heard she is very dearly loved.
When she was brought to the orphanage she was sick and very unresponsive to cares. The nuns caring for her thought they would just be doing their best to make her comfortable till she passed. But God had other plans for this baby girl. The nuns quickly fell in love with her and they made it a point to given her special attention and to have someone praying for her around the clock. Day by day she grew stronger and became more and more responsive to their love and care. They now call her their little miracle.
When my agency was telling me this history and about her story, the song Rescue by Lauren Daigle was playing in the background. Tears filled my eyes and I just felt the Lord saying “I have rescued her”. He was there for her from day one and He fought for her and rescued this tiny human that the world probably would call insignificant. But she is not insignificant to Him. He reached down and saved her. And even if Mike and I were not adopting her- I have no doubt that God would do great things in and through her life. I am not her savior, healer, rescuer… but she has one and His name is Jesus.
{I will put some of the lyrics below for you to read. If you haven’t listened to this song please turn it on! When you hear it pray for our little ray of light}

Pray for us as we await a court date and then make travel plans. It could be next month or six months
from now, but you better believe this mama is on her face praying it is so soon. I want to hold this baby girl in my arms. Milla is over the moon excited. She has already gotten out her old 2-year-old clothes and started to go through them. She is “big sister’ing” it to the max and it is the sweetest thing. She is going to be an amazing big sis.

Please pray for:
~Health and safety for our girl
~Finances for travel
~A court date that is in the very near future and the ability to travel to bring her home soon.
We are so excited and so thankful for each of you as you have been praying for us and encouraging us! We feel so very blessed by each one of you. We will keep you posted as new travel plans come!!! Eeekkk!!!




{Some of the lyrics from Rescue}

There is no distance
That cannot be covered
Over and over
You’re not defenseless
I’ll be your shelter
I’ll be your armor
I will send out an army to find you
In the middle of the darkest night
It’s true, I will rescue you.
I will never stop marching to reach you
In the middle of the hardest fight
It’s true, I will rescue you.

{these lyrics remind me of my little girl, but they are for each one of us too}



4 comments:

  1. Wow Rose! How exciting!!! Praying over and over and believing with you! You have the sweetest heart on planet Earth! Just as you are so blessed to be welcoming this sweet girl into your family, she is incredibly lucky to have you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg you are perfect for her and she is perfect for you!My prayers are with you Rose,just remember God is good and he has a special plan for you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all I can do is say GOD IS SO SO GOOD.THERE IS NO END TO HOW GREAT HE IS. FROM HEART ACK TO A HEART FULL 0F JOY. GOD LUCK AND BLESSING.

    ReplyDelete