Saturday, March 21, 2020

Waiting.Stuck.Praying.Hopeful.

Hello from New Delhi where we are also quarantined in our hotel room just like everyone back at home.
After we took our daughter to court on the 16th and received verbal confirmation that she is our daughter!! {huge beautiful victory, the judge said we were well suited for her & that i was a fit mother for this girl which the nun was very surprised about because she had never heard this judge speak so highly about a family}. Our agency wanted us to leave India a few days after. Of course we were hopeful to get our daughters written orders before leaving and bring her home with us. Turns out we were not allowed to leave her state until our agency sent us a letter of necessity (kind of crazy but cool because we were hoping to petition the court once again before we were pressured to leave anyway!). So we went once again to court... which had closed the day after our hearing. The judge happened to be there so I pleaded that she give us our written order due to the emergency state of our world and us needing to come home. She said she “could not” {absolute lie} and I had to leave.
Our agency gave us train tickets for the 20th so we spent the last few moments bonding with our girl and soaking her up. I even purchased plane tickets home. But after speaking with mike and praying we decided to cancel our plane tickets for the 22nd and try to appeal to the US Embassy and the Central Adoption Agency for India in person in New Delhi to take our girl home.
We left our baby girl with pain but do hopeful that we would See miracles once in Delhi and be with her soon.
We arrived in Delhi to find our normal shopping areas closed as well as the ATM machines we knew of. Our hotel restaurant was no longer allowing meals together but rather only offering room service. After a long evening of searching for essentials (peanut butter, stuff to make a laundry line, and coffee you just add water to...) I was tired and discouraged. Then we listened to the address from the US about needing to come home if you were abroad I told Mike I was done. I was tired. I had been fighting battles on all sides this week and now I was weary {there is too much to share but even those who should have been “for us” have either been against us or verryyyy unhelpful.} I told him that if we woke up in the morning and Kiran’s court was closed and there were flights available then we need to book one.
We woke up this morning.
Kiran’s court is closed till the 30th.
There are no flights in or out of India until the 30th.
I would have thrown in the towel and God in His sovereignty would not let me. I praise Him for that.
There is some fear knowing we are stuck here but there is also so much peace knowing I do not have to decide if we should give up and leave.
We drove to the people who could help us today and everything is closed till Monday.
So literally all we can do  is pray till Monday.
And then we will fight again. God has to move someone’s heart somehow to do something to help us.
With the court closed there supposedly is nothing anyone can do at all to help. But I refuse to believe that. We have everything we need in order to adopt this child but this one woman’s signature. Does that seem literally insane to anyone else?!
Pray with us. Praise with us. Hope with us. Until we cannot do any more.
“fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Behold, all who are incensed against you shall be put to shame and confounded; those who strive against you shall be as nothing and shall perish. You shall seek those who contend with you, but you shall not find them; those who war against you shall be as nothing at all.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭41:10-12‬ ‭
Thank you ALL for your encouragement & love & prayers for us!!! We are so thankful for each word of love!!! You are fighting alongside us and we know the Lord hears us!


4 comments:

  1. Wow! As always a great story that is peppered with the love of Christ.

    I’ll be continually praying for you and your family. I know that all of this will work out in accordance with His perfect will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow,Rose! We will be praying for this situation.

    ReplyDelete