Friday, November 21, 2014

next stop: USA!


My soul my soul magnifies The Lord...

Yesterday we picked up Milla's visa! It really doesn't seem possible that I will be bringing my little girl home this week! 8.5 weeks in Uganda, I guess it's almost like delivering late preterm haha. I am so thankful for how smoothly the process has been here- I have been surrounded by others with much harder adoption circumstances which has caused awe and thankfulness to well up inside my heart.  I feel like The Lord has really been stretching me to answer with more gentleness and love in rough/tiring circumstances. Let me tell you I have failed multiple times.
But He gives more grace.
I am praying that through me, He will show Milla the love she needs in whatever form her little heart and mind require.
So much rushes through my mind as I think of coming home: I need to move out of my old apartment this week, I feel like I have been gone from work for so long and I know I need to get fmla/bonding time situated (as well as insurance and talk to my boss about the time off time line), thanksgiving is upon us, milla and I need to visit the doctor so that (among other things) everyone can be sure we aren't going to give them Ebola (which is no where near anywhere we have been-but iIknow it stresses people out), I need to start milla's re adoption process in the states... The list seems to go on and on. I'm praying for peace and right now I am just resting in this moment of thankfulness.
Two years and three months ago, almost exactly, I started the adoption process and now I just need to enjoy having my girl in my arms and remind the world of God's faithfulness to us and to the vulnerable children throughout the world.

My soul magnifies the Lord, for He has dong great things for us!

"For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, 'Abba! Father!'. The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God- and if children, then heirs of God and co heirs with Christ." 

Romans 8:14-17




3 comments: