Saturday, April 13, 2019

It's A Boy!!!!


   


     Mike has been saying it’s a boy for months… since we stared this process actually. I have been indifferent, wanting both sides of my divided household to be happy (as Milla has been pretty adamant about wanting a little sister). I held to the fact that God knows who our next child is and I was happy with it either way.

     The Call: Okay so lets be real, I had just gotten Milla out to school and I was so tired that I laid back down in bed to try and nap (real talk for all the mamas out there). Right then, of course, my phone started ringing. The caller id was from an unknown number so I ignored it and rolled over. But something was tugging at my heart.
“Ding” someone left a message.
My heart started to pound. The message was from our adoption social worker. Shaking I called her back. One of the first few sentences out of her mouth was “We have a potential match for you”! Not kidding, as she spoke those words the garage door started to open (meaning Mike was getting home from work). Talk about the most perfect timing ever. I ran and met him at the door with excitement in my eyes-
“Babe- its our adoption social worker. They have a match for us”. His eyes got huge guys.
She started describing what she knew about our little guy and I watched Mikes eyes fill with tears. We were both speechless and in awe. It was crazy watching Mike. I remember doing this on my own five years ago. I sat on my apartment floor. Just me and Jesus. Listening to the details about this little Ugandan girl, totally undone and excited and nervous all at once. So many emotions. Only Jesus to watch my eyes and facial expressions. This time I studied Mike as we listened. It was so fun to see his emotion and to share that with another human being. I can imagine what the Lord must have seen in my eyes and heart as I sat on the floor with Him. Both memories are held so dear to my heart. One is not greater than the other, both are rare and priceless moments I keep locked in a treasure chest. Neither moment will I ever forget.
“Do you guys think this is a file you would like to look over?”
“YES!!!!! Definitely yes” we both spoke over one another. Hahaha. I am sure she could tell we were excited. We waited and prayed. And then we accepted his file.

     That is really how it all went down. No glitz or fireworks. No light coming down from heaven on a file that glowed in the sunlight. Just a step of obedience to our Jesus. Just a step closer to the little one that God has placed in front of us. Many joyful tears of course. Much laughter and rejoicing. Many more prayers being offered up, just with a face in mind now.
We are having a son. He is three years old. He has wispy curls, large dark eyes, a clever smile and may have a little mustache a’growing already. His name means moon so we have lovingly been calling him our “Little Moon” as we pray for him and talk about him. Milla even brought home a picture she colored from school of him today that said “moon boy” over it. She is so excited about having a brother (total praise report since she has been tenaciously adamant about only having sisters since Mike and I got married and the thought of a sibling became more of a reality to us all).  She is going to be the BEST big sister. She talks about him constantly and prays for him each night.


Only One: I thought I should mention this. So yes, we were open to adopting a sibling set of two children. But, we were only matched with this one boy. Could we ask for more or reject this file and insist on two… yes. But why would we? This is the one God has brought to us. Yes, we want to save all the orphans in all the world, but we also want what God gives to us.

Not more, not less.

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt there is a reason God has placed just this one boy with us. We are content and thankful for our son.
Please Please Please continue to pray for us! Even though we have been matched this orphanage has been known to take up to a year to let families come and complete the process. We are praying and asking God for a shorter amount of time. We would love to bring him home so much sooner than that. We rest in knowing that God’s timing is perfect, but we pray that if He wills…. It could be expedited!
We are so thankful for each of you. Your love, encouragement, support and prayers have kept us going! We need them now more than ever as there are mountains and valleys ahead of us (waiting being one of the most difficult). God has been so amazing to give us all that we need. So we rest in Him and take another step.
We are coming for you little Moon.

{Photo Credit to our sweet cousin Hannah Sweet... I text her and asked if she could come with us and "take a few pics" and she captured so much love! Thank you love!!!!!}

1 comment:

  1. I meant to post on this blog but somehow I sent it to your 2018 blog accidentally. I'm so thrilled for you, Mike, Milla and your little Moon boy. We are praying for you as you wait on the Lord for His perfect timing and for this whole journey.
    So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete