Monday, October 12, 2015

Family day:: Simple moments that change our lives


On Sunday we celebrated the 1 year anniversary of never having to leave my baby alone and vulnerable again. It’s our “Family Day” they day I took her out of the orphanage. She has never looked back. She hasn’t slept farther than 15 feet from her mama since (praise the Lord she is now sleeping in her own bed so her mama can also get some sleep haha). She has been so welcomed and surrounded by her family. Her nana and boompa are her constant companions while I am at work.  Every day she wants to know when Naya’s mama will be bringing Naya home from school. We have the best support group I could ask for.

I can’t believe that it has been a year. Sometimes it seems like she was always in my life. Other days, 1 year seems like it went so quickly I can’t even believe I have been a mother for that long.
I was reading the entry I wrote in Milla’s journal October 11th of last year and this part struck me:
“…and we were off. What has been 2 years of crazy work all came to this simple moment of carrying you in my arms, out of the orphanage gate, and on to a dirt road towards home. So simple…”
I think sometimes struggles and stresses that we go through in life often all end up at a “simple moment”.  We strive, we pain, we grumble and sweat… and then there it is, a moment of peace of clarity, of life. We really never know when that moment is going to come. It just does.
Remember that whatever you’re going through- your simple moment is coming. It doesn’t mean life is easy afterwards or that all the hard work is over, but for that moment there is peace and you realize all the struggling was so very worth it.

Happy 1 year anniversary baby girl! You are a bright reflection of God’s beauty and you have one grateful mama.

my three life savers who came to Uganda with me

3 comments:

  1. So blessed to be a small part of the story!! Love my babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (that was from my mom) and mom you are a HUGE part of this story!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each of us are so lucky to have Milla in our lives. She's gonna be a force for God!

    ReplyDelete