Friday, June 26, 2015

more than anything i want, i want You first :: my 30's



More than anything I want, I want YouFirst...

Here I am walking into my 30’s, and this is my anthem.

When I entered my 20’s I was excited. I had so many dreams, hopes, expectations. There was so much I hadn’t seen that I longed for. I had so much energy, endless passion, so many unknowns in my life, so many stressors from those unknowns. It was so beautiful. A slight mess sometimes, but for sure beautiful.

These past 10 years have brought so much. I have seen God’s faithfulness right before my eyes- like He was standing right in front of me or holding my hand, running just a step ahead- so crazy excited to show me what was right around the corner for Us. I saw so many dreams fulfilled, so much life, so many miracles, so many travels, there has just been so much. God has given, and been merciful; God has taken away, and been merciful still. I feel that I have lived more in ten years than is even possible. Maybe that is how everyone feels about their 20’s hahaha- but it is just really mind blowing to me!

Entering my 30th year I feel… well I am excited, I have so many hopes and so many dreams yet to come to fruition. But I feel this calm. I don’t know what is coming but I know who will be there. Who will protect me. Who will guide me. Like after the disciples were on Lake Galilee and Jesus had calmed that terrifying storm…after that it just seems like any storm they faced on that lake or any lake wouldn’t have seemed so threatening- right? Like death is just a shadow. Like God is so much bigger than everything on earth.

My sweet granddaddy passed away last Sunday. If there is one thing I can take from his life here on earth it was to love Jesus more than anything, and love others by giving grace, mercy, and God’s love. I fail at these things so often, each day in fact. But I really pray that as I enter my 30’s and as I seek Jesus first, above all else… that I can be more like that.

So here are my 30’s. Lets do this! More than anything I want, I want You first Jesus. 

"First"
by Lauren Daigle

Before I bring my need I will bring my heart. Before I lift my cares.I will lift my arms


I wanna know You. I wanna find You. In every season. In every moment

Before I bring my need,I will bring my heart- And seek You


First

I wanna seek You, I wanna seek You

First

I wanna keep You, I wanna keep You

First

More than anything I want, I want You
First


Before I speak a word Let me hear Your voice. And in the midst of pain Let me feel Your joy

Ooh, I wanna know You I wanna find You In every seasonvIn every moment

Before I speak a word I will bring my heart And seek You


First

I wanna seek You I wanna seek You

First

I wanna keep You I wanna keep You

First

More than anything I want, I want You
First


You are my treasure and my reward

Let nothing ever come before

You are my treasure and my reward

Let nothing ever come before

I seek You

First




No comments:

Post a Comment