Monday, May 11, 2020

no answers, only hope. {thoughts on when God says "no"}



I wanted to write this during the “sorrows” that last for a night, before the “joy that comes in the morning”. So often my go to is to share things with others once I have them figured out and once we are on the other side of the problem. But, God is so present during the valley’s and shadow’s that it would be silly not to share.
Sometimes God says no.
Sometimes He does not open doors that we knock on. Even doors that He has led us to.
So crazy right? Why? Honestly, I do not know the exacts of His actions.
Why would our match with our little moon have gotten taken away a year ago? Why would God
allow me to miscarry in December? Why wouldn’t God just send someone to help us obtain the paperwork we needed to bring out little girl home from India? Why is she stuck there without us? Wouldn’t it be so much better if she were home?
I do not know the answers. And it is hard to not know. It is hard to feel sadness. It is so stressful to work strenuously and have the obstacle remain unmoved.
Sometimes my mind says, “couldn’t God just act?”.
And the answer is “yes, of course He could. He is God. There is no other and no one can stand against Him.” And then I feel a bit forsaken if I am just being honest and raw. My faith in Him is un-wavered but His love for me seems distant. And this state could lead to anger, depression, apathy…
But thank God for His grace and mercy that tethers my wandering heart to His own. He reminds me of the cross. Of His pain and agony that He endured just to call me His own. I cannot feel unloved by Him when all my life He has been love to me.  I came home from India to a new song on the radio called “The Blessing” and every time it has come on it has wrecked me. Like seriously- Holy Spirit falls and I sob and weep at the truth that God is for me. That gentle reminder has brought my heart back to life. That He has walked with me, my parents, my grandparents and their parents- and He will continue to be faithful to my children and their children, and their children. Because He loves me. And He loves to love His children.
Our God has a plan. I am part of His masterpiece. Sometimes that looks like pain and tragedy, but every composition needs both high and low notes to create a beautiful symphony. There are more high notes to come. How can I accept all the good the Lord has done for me, but not accept hardship as well (paraphrased from Job). Am I somehow above hurt and heartache? No, in fact Jesus tells us we will have trials in the world. Very often we see heroes of ours go through deep waters and hot fires. Some come out unscathed, some are burned- but they all hold on to what is true: Christ. He is what is getting me and my family through this. He is why we will not stop rejoicing. He is why I will have joy and sing- during the shadows, during the night.
As Pastor Brian reminded me on Sunday as he spoke about Moses’ mother, “Entrust your kids into God’s care. Your children are only yours on loan, trust God with your child and show your faith by making a little arc and floating your child in the reeds of the Nile when He asks you to.” I am sure Moses’ mother looked strange and crazy when she placed her son into that basket, but God saw and directed. And that mother’s faith and act saved the Jewish nation. I want to be that mother. I have one daughter in my home, a son that will only ever be in my heart who we cannot adopt, a baby in heaven and a daughter in India who I cannot bring home… God give me faith and strength to place each of these in Your basket and float all of these children in the reeds. I am thankful they are Yours and You are their Keeper, Father and Protector. I humbly proclaim that I do not know more than you. And while I have soaked my pillow in tears and cried out to You in frustration- I do indeed believe that You know what is best. And I trust You. Thank You for the grace that reminds me there is more than I can see and more than I will ever know going on. Use our trials for your Kingdom and to bring You so much glory because You deserve all the love, praise and adoration that can fill an entire universe. I am so thankful l am Yours and that You are for me and my children, and their children, and their children {no matter where those children might be}.

No comments:

Post a Comment