Sunday, October 26, 2014

2 weeks together!



Hey all,
It has been a little over 2 weeks since I got to pick Milla up!
It has been amazing and challenging! She is such a joy, so amazing, and way too cute! She makes us laugh and amazes us with what she understands and communicates! What a blessing to be her mother. There are also challenges. This week she started showing more and more signs of working through emotional stress/trauma. I am praying for guidance on how to be a loving and gracious mother to her as well as praying for peace and calm in her little heart. 
I know so many people say the toddler years are a little crazy ( the terrible 2's and all)- but I just feel like when you add on top of the normal 2-3 year old adjustments: rejection, abandonment, neglect, abuse, fear, a new family, new place to live, new language... I just do not understand how children adjust so well and how they make it through it all. Except through the grace of God. I know He is getting Milla through this. I pray that I have His love every second of the day to pour out on her so that she knows she is safe and loved unconditionally. Usually I have these children for a week or two at a time and I just pray that how I have loved them impacts their lives- but this little one is mine forever...I am praying a lot. Also my dad has been here praying day in and day out for me and Milla and I know that has brought so much peace to our little home.
I can't help but think of God's unconditional love during the times that seem "rough" with little miss. He went through so much to adopt us and make us His own, and we still throw tantrums even after all He has given up for us. All I can say is "Thank You Lord". I am so glad He is perfect and raises us perfectly. What an example we have to follow.
Our good friends came and stayed with us for this last week and it was just such a joy to have them. How wonderful that God brings people in to our lives that can encourage you and cause you to love even more greatly! I am truly blessed by Virginia and Jason and their little girl Mercy.
We turned in our passport paper work on Thursday (though we only had the "short form" birth certificate and we were suppose to have the "long form"... so we are praying that that is overlooked and accepted!). They said we should hear back within 7 business days, which would be amazing. After that there are two more major things to get done before coming home. My flight home is due to be on November 11th- that would be a complete miracle but that is what I am praying for. If it is delayed I know that it is for a purpose. Having this time to bond with Mlila is really precious and so necessary for her before we get back to the craziness that is life in California. So the Lord will send us home when He knows we are ready.
Thank you all for your encouraging words and prayers! I am so blessed to have such a strong support team behind me! 
Love to you all. 
~rose
"For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord. My confidence since my youth. From birth I have relied on You...My mouth is filled with Your praise, declaring Your splendor all day long" Psalm 71:5,6,8



1 comment:

  1. We're so thankful for you!! You're doing an amazing job with little Milla, keep it up! She'll get through this. Your love, patience and energy inspires me. Love you and praying for you. Praising God for you in my life.

    ReplyDelete