Monday, March 7, 2011

Baal Perazim

So just last week pastor Brian was talking about 2 Samuel 5:20. David had just become king of Israel and the Philistines were after him! He asked if the Lord would deliver them in to his hands if he were to fight against them. The Lord told him to go for it! So David fought against the Philistines. And David said: The Lord has broken through my enemies before me. So he called the place Baal Perazim "the Lord who breaks through". It is so true. Our God is the only one who can break through on our behalf. Our inflated minds would love to think that it is our work or our plans that cause us to succeed and benefit. But unless the Lord breaks through, we would never see a victory. Yes it is our part to fight, but God grants us the victory.
The Lord "broke through" for me today, March 7, 2011. He provided a wonderful job for me as a registered nurse in a neonatal intensive care unit. I really cannot wrap my mind around it quite yet, but I am so thankful and undeserving that He would "fight" on my behalf.
Yesterday as I was thinking about my upcoming interview I told the Lord that I didn't know if I was ready to leave this trial. The past 10 months have been really difficult for me- waiting, praying, seeking, knocking,hoping,stressing... I just hope that I have indeed become more like the Lord through this time. I never want to leave a time of trial as the same person. I always want to depend more on the Lord, to be humbled, to stand in awe of Him each moment, to have the honor of Him seeing His reflection in me. I want to leave this battle changed. I am thankful for this break through, so so so thankful. I pray that I am changed forever and that I am ever more dependent on the Lord for even each breath that I take. Please join with me in praising God for such a miracle!!! I got a job!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment